Principal Scientist, Neurodegeneration
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is at the forefront of integrating cell biology, automation and machine learning to develop phenotypic cellular disease models for high throughput screening and compound optimization. We are seeking a Scientist with significant drug discovery experience in cellular neuroscience, neuroimmunology, or neuropharmacology to lead our neurodegeneration projects. You will:
- Lead internal and external facing drug discovery programs.
- Create strategies for novel in vitro or in vivo disease models and research operating plans
- Drive the adoption of new technologies for modeling neurodegenerative diseases
- Share your knowledge and experience by mentoring research associates and scientists in best practices for drug discovery (target ID to IND)
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a diverse, dynamic team of innovative scientists working to develop novel therapies for neurological diseases. By collaborating with in vitro and in vivo biology, chemistry and data science team members you will work at the interface of neuroscience and machine learning leading drug discovery projects of complex diseases. As our teams are small and nimble, we are excited by independent and motivated investigators to guide our projects. You will report to a Director with minimal daily oversight and in this role your input and data will guide decisions impacting compounds and projects.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A Ph.D. degree in cell biology, neuroscience, pharmacology or related field
- 8+ years work experience in pharma or biotech industry required
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects in collaboration with external partners from inception to IND application.
- Deep experience in cellular neuroscience and neurodegeneration, experience with assay development in human iPSC derived CNS cell types preferred
- Can work in a dynamic environment within a cross functional team
- Proficiency in Spotfire and/or CDD analysis tools, statistical analysis and common computer software (GraphPad Prism and Microsoft Suite) required.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.