Associate Director, Advanced Analytics (Oncology)
The Associate Director, Advanced Analytics - Oncology is a part of the Insights & Analytics team within Commercial Operations. You will collaborate with sales and marketing business partners, customer insights and data management teams to develop data driven insights to support brand strategic and tactic decision making. We expect you will take the lead on collection, interpretation and integration of all aspects of data sources. This is a hands-on role that owns the translation of a variety of data into meaningful opportunities, provides insights based on a deep knowledge of brands, sales, market environment and evolving health care systems, customers for skin cancer and emerging launches.
A typical day may include the following:
- Identifying business needs proactively and handle the day-to-day relationship and projects with sales leadership and brand teams.
- Conducting objective secondary data analysis and communicate insight story of synthesizing different sources and types of data.
- Building out comprehensive analytics/insights for skin cancer and pipeline assets in collaboration with customer insights team and HEOR teams (e.g. deeper understanding of patient treatment journey, predictive targeting approaches, robust epi-based patient flow models, etc.)
- Creating insightful reports and presentations that clearly identify and simplify the impactful insights combined with business implications, strategic and tactical options.
- Brand performance/KPI development, tacking, and best practice sharing across function.
- Building Oncology patient cohorts, clarifying patient treatment journey and developing patient flow / demand forecasts.
- Developing rich account level insights using account level/patient level data sets (including segmentation and opportunity assessment).
- Collaborating with internal teams and vendors to coordinate cross-functional analysis and data acquisition.
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following:
Master's degree completed by start date and 8+ years of business analytics, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or related field experience or Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of business analytics, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or related field experience. BS/BA required. Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics) preferred. Oncology working experience strongly preferred10+ years' progressive, related industry experience with a minimum 5 years analytical experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries. Commercial business intelligence tool report creation experience required (any, but e.g.: Tableau, Oracle BI, Microstrategy, DataiKu) SAS code-writing skills (BASE, STAT, SQL, Macros) preferred, SQL query-writing required. In-depth knowledge and data mining experience using secondary subnational prescription and sales data required. Experience with longitudinal patient, specialty pharmacy/ hub data strongly preferred. Familiarity with frequently used pharma data sources like IQVIA, Symphony, etc. strongly preferred. Experience in resource optimization, commercial mix modeling or alignment, targeting, and call planning highly preferred. Advanced proficiency in Excel, and PowerPoint required. Presentation skills to take sophisticated analysis and apply a business context for non-analytical associates required. Technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for handling many large and complex datasets.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.