Head of Talent Acquisition, North America
Title:Head of Talent Acquisition, North America
Company:Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
The Head of Talent Acquisition, North America will provide strategic leadership and oversight to the Ipsen U.S. & Canada Talent Acquisition function and related programs.
From a Talent Acquisition perspective, he/she will lead a focused team to design, develop, and execute a range of planned recruitment strategies to meet a high volume of diverse requirements across the organization from R&D, Commercial, Field Sales and Technical Operations. S/he will be a consultative partner to the business by providing relevant talent market insights and innovative sourcing strategies to meet dynamic requisition needs. This individual will cultivate a sense of community to increase talent acquisition collaboration and performance; s/he will actively partner and collaborate with recruiting leads and members of the business and NA Head of HR and local HR teams.
The individual will build a data-driven recruiting organization that provides relevant analytics for performance management and decision-making. S/he also will support employer branding initiatives to ensure a consistent representation of Ipsen and to drive a world-class candidate experience. S/he will be responsible for continuous process improvement in overall candidate and customer experience, program effectiveness and team productivity. He/she will be responsible for identifying and recommending new Sourcing tools or process efficiency tools and budget for their acquisition. This role reports to Global Head of Talent. This role manages a team of 3 and is part of a global team, with transversal project management.
- Responsible for creating and deploying talent acquisition strategies
- Develop and execute programs, strategies, and tactics to ensure that Ipsen is positioned as a premier employer to continuously be able to attract and build a pipeline of top talent
- Manage design and placement of recruiting related advertising and marketing to ensure that the Ipsen brand and image is consistently applied in all recruiting activities, with support of HR and in full alignment with the Global Employer Brand strategy.
- Oversee administration of internal referral program, ensuring high quality standards and response rates.
- Continue to drive D&I through strategic local partnerships. Ensure proper diversity of candidate slates.
- Develop and refine internal processes to create a first in class candidate experience from the first point of candidate contact through onboarding
- Manage the budgets and vendor contracts/relationships with all relevant job posting sites – establish preferred supplier strategy to ensure optimal vendor performance and appropriate pricing in cooperation with Global Talent approach.
- Manage the MSP in collaboration with procurement.
- Lead the development and execution of a range of planned innovative and effective sourcing strategies to generate a strong and diverse candidate flow
- Deploy a range of selection techniques to assess the suitability of candidates and standardize corporate interviewing processes and strategies
- Develop key relationships with hiring managers, senior management, HRBPs, and other stakeholders to effectively consult, collaborate and deliver on the Ipsen’s global hiring strategy
- Work closely with Field Sales Managers and Leadership on recruiting for their locations to include posting jobs on job board websites, screening qualified applicants and sharing candidates with hiring managers
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline
- 15+ years of strategic talent acquisition experience, including 8+ years of professional management experience leading a team. Preference for recruiting experience in life sciences.
- Recognized thought leader, subject matter expert and innovator in the area of talent acquisition
- Experience working with large complex organizations during periods of growth and change
- Strategic ability to localize regional talent acquisition strategies into actionable plans that are innovative and pragmatic
- Experience leading and creating programs to develop and maintain a robust pool of talent
- Experienced in operating with minimal direction in a dynamic environment as a leader of transformation
- Proven experience in developing strong relationships through establishing trust and credibility with colleagues.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent decision-making abilities; ability to make decisions logically, methodically, and quickly (as appropriate)
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of how strategic talent acquisition impacts the business
- Data-driven perspective; an analytic ability to drive a quantitative culture throughout talent acquisition
- Bold and courageous with an ability to understand cultural and political nuance
- Able to work within a matrix environment with proven track record of effectively influencing and navigating across organizational boundaries and building relationships that produce results
- Proven track record of leading and managing a diverse team. This includes demonstrated success in attracting and developing highly sought-after talent and an ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong Leadership Skills; ability to establish and maintain credibility, to influence and build trust
- Passion for the patient and drive for results orientation