Associate Process Scientist (PhD)
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
As a member of the Gene and Cell therapy Manufacturing Sciences and Technology(MS&T) team located in Sanford, NC, the associate process scientist will play a pivotal role in the start-up of the MSAT facilities in Sanford, NC. The incumbent will review design specifications, support fit for use activities, and other start up related activities in the lab.
Following the initial phase of lab startup this role will focus on supporting the Gene Therapy processes, investigations, and process improvements.How You Will Achieve It
- Actively contribute to Gene Therapy MS&T analytical team.
- Partner with current team to ensure consistency between analytical unit operations between research and development and MS&T gene therapy labs.
- Design technical studies, writes technical reports summarizing study results, and generates necessary data to support the MS&T labs during process transfers and investigations.
- Authors process and equipment descriptions, process flow diagrams and work instructions.
- Identifies potential process improvements projects. Helps implementation of process improvements projects and supports compliance driven projects that require technical analytical support.
- Benchmark and monitor process performance using statistical tools.
- Supports analytical bench work for gene therapy projects.
- PhD with a min of 0 years of relevant experience in GMP biopharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge and application of analytical process and equipment including: HPLC, SEC, ELISA, and PCR.
- Strong leadership, organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge, is required to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimum direction.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral) are required in order to interface across management levels and departments.
- Ability to focus on specific analytical processes with great attention to detail.
Nice to Have
- Experience with cell culture based analytical assays is preferred.
- Analytical process development knowledge is a plus.
No unique physical requirements.
-Remains organized & positive in ambiguous and fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
-Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure and in ambiguous situations.
-Ability to process complex information and make recommendations.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Schedule is generally Monday-Friday on 1st shift. Ability to adjust work schedule to meet business needs – overtime, off shift, weekends.
Other Job Details
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 12, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE