CQ Lab Analyst I
The Chemical Quality (CQ) Lab Analyst I will perform basic analysis for raw materials, in process and finished products a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. The Job responsibilities include performing wet chemistry and analytical testing to evaluate the quality of the incoming raw materials and analyze the finished product to demonstrate that the quality of our products meet the high standards of quality.
Report testing results through computerized systems, or through standard laboratory paper-based documentation. Other related duties essential to these operations or special assignments as required.
- Consistently adheres to company, site, and laboratory safety rules and immediately raises any safety issues with supervision as soon as they are identified.
- Follows procedures at all times, adopting cGMP, cGDP practices.
- Follows supervisor directions at all times.
- Able to function independently, but asks questions as necessary
- Accepts dynamic work sequences
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction
- Demonstrate proficiency in computerized systems (Experience and use of LIMS, Empower are plus).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot analytical methods
- Actively participates in daily and weekly planning discussions with his/her teammates and supervision (as needed) offering suggestions to improve RFT and schedule adherence as needed
- Works with supervision and management to identify opportunities to improve testing efficiencies
- Consistently communicates work sequence status to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Where scheduled work was not achieved, actively participates in discussions to identify opportunities for correction and improvement.
- Demonstrates engagement in helping to achieve CQ laboratory, team, and individual goals.
- When faced with roadblocks and issues, routinely offers suggestions for improvements and actively participates in associated improvement activities wherever possible
- Is a positive influence on the CQ laboratory, often going out of his/her way to support and assist teammates on the same shift and across shifts wherever possible.
- Maintains an on-time training
- Has understanding of basic non-instrumental wet chemistry techniques, Manual Titrations, pH, Conductivity, Autotitrations, UV-Vis, Polarimeter as wells as more advanced techniques, i.e. GC, HPLC, AA, FTIR, etc.
- BS/MS in Chemistry or BS Science Degree required.
- Experience in parenteral drug product pharmaceutical manufacturing is plus.
- Successful hands-on analytical testing experience in a GMP environment.
- 0-2 years’ experience
Stand up for up to 8 hours, sit for up to 8 hours, walking, climbing stairs, responding to visual warning indicators, respond to audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, wear specialized protective clothing (lab coat, safety glasses, gloves, face shield/goggles, apron), repetitive use of upper extremities.
Last Date to Apply: October 26th, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Quality Assurance and Control#LI-PFE