Tooling Project Engineer
Develop and manage timelines and costs for auto-injector component tooling and automation projects. Lead mold tooling design and process reviews providing technical expertise and feedback to mold tool builders and component designers. Lead dimensional study analysis with statistical support. Hold regular team meetings with responsibility for keeping projects on time and on budget. Strong background in asset management. Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Manages tooling projects which may include plastic injection molding, metal fabrication, rubber molding, or assembly.
- Develops project time lines and budget. Guides team in establishing goals and main objectives. (Sets up the project for success)
- Prepares clearly defined RFQ’s
- Performs contract reviews
- Leads robust mold tooling design and process reviews providing technical expertise and feedback to mold tool builders. Coordinates production and testing activities. Follows protocols through execution to summary approval, addressing problems as they arise.
- Holds regular team meetings to communicate effectively what is expected. Ensures that project and team members stay on target to meet established goals and time lines.
- Manages tooling and capital project scope and capital cash flow, providing monthly cash flow updates and ensuring the project does not exceed the budgeted amount.
- Develop and implement efficient molding production processes.
- Participates in investigations, provides subject matter expertise to others, and assists with corrective/ preventative actions related to mold tool design and/or processing.
- Establishes/ enhances mold preventive maintenance programs and spare parts inventory systems with suppliers.
- Maintains mold history file for design and repairs
- Experience in design and processing of plastic injection molds.
- B.S. in plastics engineering technology or related engineering field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years experience in mold tooling/ automation project management, engineering, product development or manufacturing.
- Experience with Class 101 plastics tooling
- Pharmaceutical or medical device experience
- Background in RJG or scientific molding processes and Design of Experiment for process development.
- Working knowledge of the qualification process for injection molding equipment and tooling including PD, IQ, PQ and OQ.
- Experience with PPAP requirements
- Experience working within a team environment and cross functional teams
- Experience with capability analysis and associated requirements
- Ability to read and interpret detailed part prints and specifications
- Familiarity with Solid Modeling and CAD development software
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and analyzing process parameters in a live environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to general laboratory and/or manufacturing areas; work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; required to stand; walk; sit; talk or hear; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously multi-task across multiple capabilities and functions and handle multiple competing priorities and requirements, including performing site and functional responsibilities, responding to frequent e-mail and phone communications and attending multiple meetings and conference calls. Note that these activities may not be time bound to core hours or presence at the site.
- Must have the ability to work effectively under and manage to strict production, time and performance deadlines.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Interacts with suppliers. Role is open to remote work location with occasional travel required.
- Must be willing and able to work beyond the hours typically defined as a “regular” workday, which may or may not include weekends and holidays.
The job is open only to Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), namely, Citizens or Nationals of the United States, Lawful Permanent Residents (“green card holders”), Refugees and Asylees.
Last date to apply for job: October 15, 2021
Additional information: Role Open to Remote locations outside of MIssouri
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt