Assistant, Administrative III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
As a member of the BTS Bay Area team, this position supports and enhances the effectiveness of the function by supporting the Head of BTS – PCYC and the BTS Bay Area leadership team. This role supports a broad range of executive-level administrative support duties for a member of the Bay Area Leadership team within a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. The successful candidate must possess the ability to stay several steps ahead and anticipate needs in the areas of responsibility. The position requires an individual who takes great pride in being a professional Executive Assistant, has previously worked and thrived in a high-pressure environment(s), ideally with C-level executives, and who will serve as a trusted employee for confidential and sensitive information.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Represents Bay Area BTS Leadership team to internal and external business contacts. Manages calendaring and scheduling needs and coordinates all logistics for domestic and international travel, including itinerary preparation and management of expense reports (using Concur).
- Coordinates logistics and calendars for department events, supports efforts related to BTS processes and programs including scheduling meetings, arranging plans for informational events.
- Acts as a liaison, solution-oriented problem solver, and facilitator as the first contact for the BTS Leadership team and others in the department.
Procurement/ Purchasing Support
Provides purchasing and analytical support for Bay Area BTS. This includes support in gathering SOW’s, obtaining work completion signatures on Vendor Invoices, assisting in creating shopping carts and basic tracking of purchases.
- Works with other administrative professionals across the Company to enhance awareness and effectiveness of BTS efforts and to facilitate effective planning and meeting scheduling.
- Effectively and successfully responds to problem situations and prioritize issues.
- Prepares documents in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint. Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Responsible for department office supplies and ensuring that there is sufficient inventory of supplies. Works with facilities on any workspace requests.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a focus on administrative excellence for 5+ years
- Demonstrated capability to work with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information. Maintains confidence, protects organization and by demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Acts with sense of urgency and understands need for responsiveness on occasion after standard business hours and some weekends, as needed.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and ability to work on moderate-scope projects with minimal instruction on day-to-day work in which research and analysis may be required for supporting solutions. High attention to detail a must.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex problems/data clearly and concisely.
- Solid understanding of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Visio programs.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.