2022 Biotechnology and Engineering Student COOP (Puerto Rico)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Biotechnology and Engineering Coop will provide support in our Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sites supporting projects of investigations, process improvements, manufacturing engineering, or other projects. This role will work and/or support real projects under the supervision and mentorship of a high skilled and versatile professionals that will help students to gain practical experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical field.
We have several positions based in Barceloneta at our Biotechnology and Solid Dosage pharmaceutical sites. These positions will support the Quality, Engineering, Process Development, and Manufacturing departments.
Based on the project you are assigned, some of the responsibilities of this role might include the following:
- Works jointly with the Product, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineers; leverages the long-term technology strategies to solve issues in the site.
- Assists in the reduction of process variability by developing and executing process control and improvement methods, as applicable for the areas of responsibilities.
- Contribute and work on Lean, EHS, Quality, Inventory, and customer satisfaction Strategies.
- Manage improvements on the performance of related processes applying Six Sigma Tools and LEAN.
- Prepares reports on production/ materials to inform the assignment leader of the progress of the assignment.
- Build scalable readiness platform and visualizations, dashboards for robust program organization and activities management.
- Development of automated process monitoring and business performance KPI/metrics dashboards and organizational management tools for the quality unit (laboratory, quality systems, QA operations, quality investigations).
- A minimum of three (3) years of a college degree in one of the following:
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems or Software Engineering
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Good mathematical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and provide evidence.
- Must provide evidence of enrollment in the University COOP Class.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.