Senior Research Associate, High throughput Bioanalytics
GreenLight Biosciences is an integrated life sciences company developing safe and effective products that address critical problems facing plant health, human health, and animal health. Through scientific imagination and determination, we are developing products to create a future with a cleaner environment, healthier people, and a stronger food supply chain. At the core of the company’s rapid growth is a proprietary platform for higher quality RNA production at a lower cost and faster speed than has ever been possible.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and collaborative Senior Research Associate to apply cutting-edge RNA technology for development of Crop Protection products. In this role, the Senior Research Associate will develop and optimize high throughput bioanalytical assays to support the discovery and development of novel biopesticides. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a commitment to excellence and high-quality work in a fast-paced milestone driven company, are essential.
- Drive the development, optimization, and implementation of high-throughput bioanalytical assays to increase throughput and efficiencies
- Independently program, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain lab automation equipment to conduct bioanalytical experiments
- Introduce and evaluate new technologies and innovative methods of analysis, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to expand the capabilities in Bioanalytics Function
- Write SOPs and train other team members on the use of the developed automation workflows
- Provide scientific oversight and accountable for data analysis and interpretation / recommendations to stakeholders
- Engage collaboratively in challenging research questions with Product Discovery and Development scientists
- Support and deliver on the corporate values, objectives, and goals as a scientist leader and role model at GreenLight
- Proactively create and maintain a safe working environment
- S. or M. S in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Bioanalytical Science, and related disciplines.
- Hands-on experience on operating liquid handler robots and high throughput sample processing and qPCR plate setup is required
- Proficiency in programming (Python is strongly preferred) and maintaining automation equipment, translating bench-scale workflows to automated liquid handlers is required
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques including extracting and handling RNA, cDNA synthesis and qRT-PCR is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical-based experimental design and analysis of experimental data
- Previous experience and interest in leading and developing a team of scientists
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across disciplines
- A demonstrated track record of delivering on goals, achieving a high standard of work, strong communication skills and a commitment to team success
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced exciting start-up environment, come help GreenLight unlock RNAi solutions for crop protection and transform the existing Ag space!
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent with OSHA guidelines.