Research Associate II
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a diverse work family with a dynamic and earnest culture. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Associate II - Protein Sciences who will report to the head of Protein Science Laboratory Operations and continue advancing PACT’s cutting-edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What you will do:
- Support the Protein Production pipeline with high-throughput DNA Prep, cloning, protein expression, and purification.
- Expression and purification of recombinant proteins in mammalian host system
- Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams
- Update electronic lab notebook entries, inventory, and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Protein Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2 years of related or lab experience.
- Prior experience with DNA Prep in e.coli, mammalian cell culture, and/or recombinant protein expression.
- Prior experience with high-throughput cloning and protein purification is plus
- Acute attention to details, well-organized, diligent with documentation.
- Experience with liquid handling platforms such as Hamilton, Tecan, etc. desired.
- Highly goal-driven and displays the ability to handle delicate experiments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience operating within a defined Quality Management System is a plus.
- Able to operate in a collaborative environment and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.