Process Development Scientist
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco Bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for Process Development Scientist reporting to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing Development. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
The candidate will lead experimental research projects in the process development team developing PACT Pharma’s cell manufacturing process. Furthermore, they will interact closely with Scientists and Research Associates of PACT’s manufacturing team for technology transfer. They will be actively performing experiments and should be highly proficient in state-of-the-art techniques for primary cell culture, cell analysis, and related instrumentation. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Design, perform and analyze experimental process development studies to support the development of the next-generation cell therapy manufacturing process
- Interact closely with associated departments to support technology transfer to manufacturing
- Support of regulatory submissions by authoring/reviewing study reports or CMC sections
- Maintain rigor and quality of execution and documentation
- Manage multiple process development projects cross-functionally and provide routine progress updates on timelines and deliverables
- Give presentations within the department and to senior management with minimal supervision
- May be expected to provide assistance to other research associate level team members
- Ph.D. with experience in T cell biology (or related field) with 2+ years of experience or MS with 8+ years of experience.
- Prior cell therapy manufacturing and/or process development experience desired
- Familiarity with cGMP requirements is a plus
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives
- Excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.