Clinical Project Manager
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark finds new medicines and develops them cheaper and faster, using our proprietary trial engine.
As a Clinical Project Manager, you will play a key role in the execution of TrialSpark’s full study offering. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can execute our Project Management strategy and deliver fast, high quality studies. As part of your role, you’ll partner closely with other leaders across the company, contributing to TrialSpark’s broader Clinical Trial Engine strategy and build out.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using industry knowledge, experience, and first-principles thinking to refine our strategy for delivering key study services, with a primary focus on Project Management.
- Leading execution of TrialSpark’s initial portfolio of POC, Phase II, and real-world evidence studies, including oversight of trial performance, management of vendors, and leadership of cross-functional study teams.
- Developing clinical trial timelines and budgets, and ensuring study teams deliver against time, quality, and cost targets.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams from Operations, Data Management, Medical, Engineering, QA, and more to develop capabilities.
- Represent TrialSpark to study sponsors, including driving reporting and updates, where appropriate.
- Lend industry expertise across TrialSpark, helping us plot our route toward making clinical trials faster, more efficient, and higher quality.
Skills, abilities, and knowledge
- Critical thinker with the ability to step back and rethink legacy assumptions in the clinical research space; should be able to point to what’s wrong, and how you would do it differently if starting from scratch.
- Excellent cross-functional partnership skills; you know how to work across an organization to achieve objectives and meet timelines.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; can synthesize complex concepts and deliver messages clearly.
- Competency with data analysis: should have intermediate+ ability with Excel, and fluency with managing to metrics and key performance indicators.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years clinical research industry experience
- 3+ years of clinical project management experience at a biopharma company or CRO
- BS required, preferably in life sciences or a related field; advanced degree preferred
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.