Senior Research Associate/Research Associate, Pharmacology
The Senior Research Associate/Research Associate for Pharmacology will be responsible for conducting in vitro and in vivo studies to support the preclinical portfolio. The individual will work under the guidance of the Principal Scientist to assist in execution of IND-enabling studies.
- Participate in the execution of in vivo experiments in multiple xenograft tumor models to test efficacy of candidate NK-cell therapies.
- Conduct bioluminescent imaging and analysis in vivo.
- Collaborate with Discovery, Toxicology, and Translational teams to support IND-enabling studies.
- Perform in vitro cell culture, ex vivo assays (eg., ELISA/ or multiplex analysis of cytokines/chemokines), short- and long-term cytotoxicity (flow-based and Incucyte).
- Assures compliance with protocols, SOPs and work practices.
- Complies with standard laboratory procedures and company policies, including notebook documentation and safety protocols.
- A BSc or MSc in the life sciences or related discipline, experience in immunology or immuno-oncology research with at least 2 years of experience.
- In vivo experience is a core competency, including dosing via multiple routes (SC, IV, IP), blood collection, tumor implantation, necropsy, and tumor/organ collection.
- Broad experience in the execution of tumor models, including xenograft models, and / or cell-driven immune response models.
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry and immune cell functional assays (e.g. proliferation, cytokine production, cytotoxicity), and knowledge of cellular immunology.
- Familiarity and experience with bioluminescent live-imaging techniques.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, attention to detail and data quality and demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills, is required.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using flow cytometry analysis software, including FlowJo, Graphpad PRISM and Microsoft office.