Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical) is responsible for manufacturing engineering, production, product support, and servicing to achieve world-class results. Responsible for manufacturing engineering and production of both capital and durable electronic products.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive manufacturing engineering and work closely with R&D and Quality to effectively transition products to manufacturing; serve as a key representative and contributor on a project development team.
- Help define operations processes, including hands-on definition of MPIs, TPs, DHRs, etc.
- Conduct PFMEA analyses; define and execute process validations.
- Work with external vendors including contract manufacturers.
- Contribute to operations initiatives, apply analytical and statistical methods to continually improve quality, reduce cost, reduce cycle time and simplify processes.
- Ability to review and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and technical reports.
- Provide SME guidance to R&D for product manufacturability.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory.
- Support failure investigations; collaborate closely with cross-functional groups.
- Collaborate with Quality and R&D on root-cause failure analysis of complex electronic systems and troubleshooting to the component level.
- Develop automated test processes to improve manufacturing efficiencies and product quality.
- Executing day-to-day tasks as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline required.
- 3-7 years' experience in one or more disciplines of manufacturing operations (e.g., manufacturing, assembly and test, manufacturing engineering, subcontract, service) with a minimum of 1 year in Life Science industry, medical device industry preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Strong understanding of bench test equipment (e.g. DMM’s, RTA’s, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators).
- Technical knowledge of assembly and test of complex electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing engineering, ERP and PLM systems, quality assurance and lean manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA regulations, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and other national and international regulations and standards.
- Experience with IEC 60601 testing and other compliance activities as required.
- Must be able/willing to travel to Contract Manufacturers for process development, training, etc.
- Experience at start-up companies preferred.
- SolidWorks, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Illustrator, Zebra Printer hardware/software.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time. Overnight and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.