Director of Marketing, EMEA
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX® System will be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned commercial application.
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Director of Marketing EMEA is responsible for driving the category creation and commercialization of the CellFX System in the EMEA Region. This individual will provide both strategic and operational marketing leadership to the EMEA commercial organization. Tasks will include building awareness of Pulse Biosciences’ technology as well as planning, organizing, budgeting and implementing a data driven localized multi-channel integrated marketing approach for the CellFX Platform in the dermatology and related skin specialty markets. The position is also responsible for ensuring that current commercial products are continuously improved to optimize clinical results and achieve high satisfaction levels with both, practices and patients, always driving the evolution of the CellFX Platform to meet current and future global business opportunities in dermatology and other medical areas. This person is required to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures for the review, approval, and eventual distribution of finished product to its intended users.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic and Operational Excellence
- Lead the category creation and the implementation of all clinical, scientific, and commercial activities required to support pre-launch and launch readiness for the introduction of the CellFX System to the dermatology and related skin specialty markets.
- Act as a brand ambassador, communicating our brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs and develop a data driven commercial organization with high commitment to excellence.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders to deliver high-quality marketing assets for traditional and digital media.
- Implement localized adaptions of corporate and product brand materials that are consistent across the region and with company directives.
- Develop strategic and multi-channel integrated marketing and communications plans to support the launch of a new medical device to a dermatology audience.
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans with commercial and executive leadership.
- Serve as champion and subject matter expert on products; lead/support communications and training for products across the region and to customers, as required.
- Develop best in class internal and external training material and lead internal/external training activities as required.
- Supervise market research, external marketing and communication agencies.
- Partner with Marketing Communications to develop national and regional tradeshow calendar, participate in key events; lead efforts including messaging, booth and promotional presence.
- Support ongoing product development efforts by gathering and, prioritizing customer requirements, including software and hardware specifications as needed.
- Assess/validate impact of new product concepts including investment needed and expected volume impact.
- Partner closely with Marketing/Engineering/RA/QA/RD/Ops to ensure alignment on technical and business requirements for the realization of products (hardware and software) based on end user experience and feedback during the development process.
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships with investigators and their staff as part of overall relationship management process with key scientists and opinion leaders that translates into commercial launch value.
- Manage planning and implementation of publication and podium presentation strategy.
- Drive planning activities for local/regional scientific advisory boards
- Support implementation of clinical studies.
- Assist with development of product labeling, translation, and investigator brochures and other materials for clinical studies
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years medical device experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in business, marketing, or related field
- MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated track record for developing and implementing all activities associated with the launch of a medical device or pharmaceutical to a physician and consumer audience, including both physician and consumer facing communications.
- Fluent in English and at least 1 additional language.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Strategic thinker with ability to link strategy to tactics with faultless execution.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, support executive stakeholders as well as manage external resources.
- Excellent oral written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Proven track record of developing, executing and monitoring marketing plan execution.
- Demonstrated fiscal performance, meeting top line revenue goals while managing bottom line spend.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Experience working with healthcare providers and hands-on sales force interaction.
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Overnight and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.