Senior Research Associate, Gene Editing
About the role
Sana is developing novel technologies for selective, in vivo editing of any chosen tissue or cell type. We are seeking a highly talented and imaginative individual to help with this effort. As a member of a small group within Technology Sciences, you will report to a Senior Scientist and provide research support across a variety of activities. This position offers the opportunity to immerse in exciting new science and requires a willingness to learn quickly.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively to develop novel methods for selective in vivo genome editing.
- Screen delivery strategies for efficient editing of specific cell types. Maintain cell lines and perform experiments in culture.
- Quantify genome editing efficiency using next-generation sequencing, flow cytometry and molecular biology assays.
- Communicate results clearly to team members as well as to senior management and cross-functional teams.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s in a scientific discipline plus 4 years of experience, or MS plus 2 years of experience
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and/or mammalian cell culture
- Ability to learn quickly
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work as a team
- Self-motivated and interested in gene therapy and gene editing technologies
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience with liquid-handling robots or other laboratory automation technologies
- Experience with gene editing technologies
- Expertise in flow cytometry and FACS sorting
- Familiarity with molecular cloning techniques
- Familiarity with Benchling software for laboratory notetaking
What you should know
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.