Research Associate, HIP
About the role
We have an open position for an individual to join the HIP research team with an initial focus on tissue culturing and performing immune-based assays. An ideal candidate would have a direct experience with cell culture for human stem cells as well as a general background in immunology. For this hands-on laboratory position, you would work under supervision, follow study designs, execute and analyze experiments and then interact and communicate their findings within the research group. This role reports to the Senior Scientist.
What you’ll do
- Maintain/culture of human, NHP and mouse cell lines/pluripotent stem cells
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in molecular biology (Cell Staining, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR)
- Analyze data (Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo) and present results to team members
- Help in single cell suspension of tissue organs from mice
- Characterize gene edited cells by flow cytometry, RT-QPCR, ELISA, Westernblot and other immunoassays
- Collaborate with colleagues by coordinating with other group members to troubleshoot problems, develop new assays, and support cross-functional projects
- Comfortable in utilizing a variety of laboratory techniques and maintain good practices.
- Lab Ordering
- Help organization laboratory space and maintain cell inventory
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's plus 1-2 years or MS in scientific discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in aseptic handling and maintenance of cell cultures
- Organized and skillful in detailed documentation of experiments
- Team player, able to work with and adapt to the needs of different projects
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry experimentation and analysis
- Cell culture experience with human and mouse stem cells/iPSCs
What you should know
- Availability to work on occasional weekends
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.