Principal Research Associate, HIP In vivo
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Principal Research Associate with expertise in immunology, cell therapy, and in vivo expertise to help Sana advance Research programs using Hypo-immune pluripotent stem cells (HIP). This position will be instrumental in developing and utilizing biologically relevant assays and model systems to advance programs in Cardiovascular, Liver, and Neuroscience. The ideal candidate will support Sana’s in-vitro and in-vivo efforts developing next-generation cell engineering technologies to create engineered cells as medicines.
What you’ll do
- Support ex vivo analysis of cells and tissues such as sample processing for histopathology and isolation of immune cells from blood samples
- Perform necropsies and post tissue processing such as splenocyte isolation and single cell suspension
- Assist in performing surgical procedures and perform independently injections (i.p., i.v., s.c., i.m.)
- Assist in designing, planning, and executing in vivo immunologic experiments with iPSC and primary stem cells and their interaction with immune cells (adaptive and innate immunity) and independently perform and analyze in vivo imaging
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to optimize in vivo study approaches
- Communicate scientifically rigorous findings via verbal and written communications, visualizations, and presentations
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 10 years of in vivo experience is required
- Hands-on experience with in vivo imaging (BLI) is required
- Expertise in cell collection and preparation for in vivo injection, preferably in iPSCs
- Expertise in fine motor skill procedures, e.g. micro injection
- Experience in HSPC-relevant experimental techniques, including both in vitro cellular assays and in vivo transplant models is highly desirable
- Comfortable in a fast-paced research environment with minimal direction, and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
What you should know
- Lab based role that might require working outside of typical business hours, which could include nights and weekends
- Must be able to work onsite in a vivarium
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.