Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position’s primary responsibility is coordinating, administering, adhering and controlling the financial accounting operations of the InnFocus manufacturing plant. The Plant Controller is involved in preparing presentations to Senior Leadership and providing updates on the plant performance and future plans. This role will be a trusted financial business partner for the business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the financial statements, cash disbursements, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, etc.
- Responsible for all standard cost accounting for all plant products
- Strong knowledge and experience using of SAP including FI, CO, MM, SD and PP modules
- Utilize financial systems to streamline processes to create efficiencies
- Manages for the accuracy and timeliness of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivables, fixed asset records, cost accounting, etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial reports for Plant Manager, Head of Finance and Corporate Accounting teams
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate financial systems, strong internal controls, and accounting policies and procedures. Expand processes and system capabilities to account for commercial launch of products
- Build financial models to supplement or support decision making
- Responsible for the accurate and timely compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data in accordance with US GAAP/IFRS
- Provide accurate and timely reporting disclosure to the corporate finance group
- Develop, improve, and issue timely and accurate monthly plant KPI reports
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, understanding the business purposes and consolidating financial data, consistent with organizational goals
- Provide and clearly present accurate reporting of the financial cycles and actual performance against those targets to senior leadership while highlighting the major activities and the rationale for variances to the plan
- Provide financial analysis to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc., when necessary
- Interact cross-functionally with business partners and globally to provide proper Finance inputs
- Provide timely financial information to our third-party collaboration partner
- Manage commercial banking relationships
- Responsible for hiring staff and supervising related consultants as needed
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and professional employer organization
- Safeguard corporate contracts and agreements
- Manage a small high performing team
- Experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industry
- Previous manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in accounting
- CPA license or MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, with a minimum of 2 years of Public Accounting experience and 8 years of Controller experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of SAP ERP experience
- TM1 experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience in multinational organizations
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Analytical with ability to solve issues quickly and creatively
Location: Miami, FL required.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.