Manager, Trade Operations
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
Since inception in 2017, Eyevance remains dedicated to advancing ocular health through the development and commercialization of innovative and impactful topical ophthalmic products targeting the ocular surface and anterior segment that enable optimal vision and better quality of life, while also ensuring patient access for all patients throughout the U.S. In September 2020, Eyevance was acquired by Santen.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Eyevance is currently recruiting for a newly created position. We are seeking an intrinsically driven and solutions-focused individual to join our team as the Manager, Trade Operations. The Manager, Trade Operations will report to the Vice President, Market Access & Trade Channels. In collaboration with the VP, MATC this role is responsible for the daily operations tied to wholesalers and other direct purchasing customers. This is a unique opportunity that will provide knowledge, experience, and pharmaceutical business acumen as an inside member of corporate based team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Support the VP, MATC in all facets of the daily business operations
- Collaborate with the VP, MATC in the business relationships with wholesalers
- Daily management of channel inventory, orders, returns, invoicing, etc.
- Facilitate the relationships and interactions between the Eyevance 3PL team and wholesalers
- Collaboration and interaction with assigned product buyers at wholesalers
- Generate trade channel reports, analytics, and presentation materials
- Embrace ownership of given responsibilities and deliver results that positively contribute to the Eyevance business
- Partner and serve fellow Eyevance teammates with a common goal of mutual success for all and Eyevance as an organization
- Collaborate and serve internal colleagues in supply chain, commercial business, finance, and others as our partners with the aligned goal of serving our providers and patients as a business driver
- Comply with all Eyevance SOPs, protocols, employee guidelines as well as all industry, legal and government regulations in relation to working for a pharmaceutical manufacturer
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of pharma/biotech experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the trade and pharmacy space (wholesaler, retail, independent and specialty)
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with various pharmaceutical distribution models
- Strong business acumen, creative problem-solving skills, business ingenuity, communications skills, intrapersonal customer skills, teamwork, and winning mentality
- High interest in working in the "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with emphasis in working in Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Word.
- 25-50% Travel will be required for customer contact, industry, and company meetings
- Downtown Fort Worth, Texas headquarters, with ability to work remotely
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.