Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
Since inception in 2017, Eyevance remains dedicated to advancing ocular health through the development and commercialization of innovative and impactful topical ophthalmic products targeting the ocular surface and anterior segment that enable optimal vision and better quality of life, while also ensuring patient access for all patients throughout the U.S. In September 2020, Eyevance was acquired by Santen.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Eyevance is seeking an Administrative Assistant – Sales/Commercial Operations. This role will report to the Vice President, Sales. The Administrative Assistant must have strong communication skills, ability to work collaboratively across the company, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks independently, as well as the willingness to assist wherever needed. This role requires exceptional attention to detail and follow-through skills, as well as proficiency in computer applications and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Support the Vice President, Sales in all aspects of the commercial business
- Manage calendars, coordinate travel and hotel accommodation arrangements, reconciles monthly expenses, routes department invoices for approval and payment, and responds promptly to managers’ queries
- Coordinate and handle logistics of internal and off-site meetings (room set-up, catering, agenda, A/V requirements, communications to attendees, etc.)
- Provide on-site event management to ensure meeting arrangements are executed seamlessly
- Prepare documents and materials for meetings
- Obtain necessary documentation and signatures for the completion of consultant agreements and contracts
- Handle administrative tasks for field sales
- Create purchase orders, route invoices for signature, submit check requests and track payments. Ensure digital documentation is up to date on Company internal servers
- Transcribe and proof-read documentation and correspondence, as required
Core competencies, education, and experience requirements
- Minimum 6 years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Ability to think critically and work independently under tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite with emphasis in working in Excel, MS Teams, PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Must be flexible and open to change
- Strong business acumen, creative problem-solving skills, business ingenuity, communications skills, intrapersonal customer skills, teamwork, and winning mentality
- Strong organizational planning and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines while working cross-functionally with both internal associates and managing through outside vendors
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and adaptability
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.