Field Training Manager
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
Since inception in 2017, Eyevance remains dedicated to advancing ocular health through the development and commercialization of innovative and impactful topical ophthalmic products targeting the ocular surface and anterior segment that enable optimal vision and better quality of life, while also ensuring patient access for all patients throughout the U.S. In September 2020, Eyevance was acquired by Santen.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Eyevance is currently recruiting for a newly created position. We are seeking an intrinsically driven and solutions-focused individual to join our team as the Field Training Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting the execution and implementation of the Commercial Training Strategic Plan supporting our mission, vision and key business priorities. The Field Training Manager will report to the Sr. Director, Training & Development. They will support the development and delivery of various Commercial Training initiatives supporting marketing, sales, patient support and market access departments. This is a unique opportunity that will provide knowledge, experience, and pharmaceutical business acumen as an inside member of corporate based team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and execution of Santen product training curriculums to new hires and existing associates.
- Executes the Santen best in class training via e-learning, self-study, computer-based training assessments, stand and deliver and virtual training.
- Partners closely with sales, marketing, market access and medical affairs to ensure training curriculum and materials adequately prepare associates to successfully sell all promoted products by meeting all internal and external requirements.
- Conducts field visits with territory managers to provide coaching and remain abreast of the industry, clinical, product and customer trends.
- Maintains strong knowledge of and adherence to regulations regarding promotional material content and control.
- Adheres to all applicable FDA regulations and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year institution.
- 3+ years of documented successful pharmaceutical sales experience; eyecare marketplace experience preferred.
- Sales Training experience with a preference for commercial training both virtual and in-person.
- Coachable and willing to develop in role.
- Must be flexible and open to change.
- Strong business acumen, creative problem-solving skills, business ingenuity, communications skills, intrapersonal customer skills, teamwork, and winning mentality.
- Strong organizational planning and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines while working cross-functionally with both internal associates and managing through outside vendors.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to large groups.
- Experience creating novel training content.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback during field rides and training workshops
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite with emphasis in working in Excel, MS Teams, PowerPoint and Word. (Must provide examples.)
- Proof of vaccination is required for this position.
- This position is a remote position Monthly trips to the home office are expected for remote candidates. This position requires travel by auto and by airplane. In addition, up to 50% overnight travel is required, including occasional weekend travel.
- Occasional entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.