Supply Chain Analyst (Power BI, Data Analytics Specialist)
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our important goals and large growth plans.
This is an onsite, full-time, position requiring onsite work in Emeryville, CA. This is not a remote position.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position will report directly to the head of Supply Chain for Americas and will provide support to the Regional Supply Chain team by transforming Supply Chain raw database into reliable, accurate, and timely information to make data-driven decisions. The person in the role is expected to use his/her analytical skills in database management and spreadsheet analysis to help the Supply Chain team to improve all global, regional, and local performance indicators and employee productivity.
We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven and motivated to engage in day-to-day operational activities with the ability to work in a start-up-like environment with manual methods/tools and willingness to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Understand, define, and document Supply Chain business data/analytics needs
- Work with Supply Chain data and provide analytics visibility to the Supply Chain team by:
- Establishing KPI measurements
- Developing custom reporting & dashboards using Power BI, Access, Excel & other platforms
- Support the design, implementation, and management of information reporting systems
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and suggesting solutions
- Facilitate the different stages of the S&OP by consolidating reports, updating KPIs and preparing presentations
- Ensure each department gets the information they need to evaluate and/or execute their required tasks
- Generate insights, recommendations and solutions that will prepare Santen SA for future growth
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Communicate analysis and recommendations to business stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date supply chain process flows, identifying improvement opportunities.
- Identify & resolve data reporting issues in a timely fashion
- Work with management to prioritize business & information needs
- Deliver accurate and insightful analytics to support effective operational decision making
- Maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Facilitates cross-functional team discussions
- Other duties & reporting as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics or a quantitative/technical discipline
- 3+ years of Supply Chain experience with a focus on analytical modeling, critical reasoning, quantitative and process analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with VBA, SAP, Power BI, Visio, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in methodologies & processes for managing large scale databases
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with deadlines with minimum supervision
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Emeryville, CA
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.