Technician, Maintenance and Reliability (Days) - Manufacturing Equipment Focus
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapies are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
The Technician, Maintenance and Reliability, performs all maintenance functions on production and facilities equipment for our Manufacturing facility.
NOTE: This is a day shift role and regular shift hours are 6:00 am - 6:00 pm. Flexibility to work different shift hours, weekends, and holidays may also be required to support 24x7 manufacturing operations.
- Routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment.
- Ensuring good workmanship with minimum delay.
- Support the safe and effective operation of the plant and the facility.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on production equipment and utility systems.
- Scope, plan, and execute repairs to and installation of plant machinery.
- Coordinate with site departments daily appropriate course of action to maximize uptime and quality performance of respective area.
- Operate machinery for purposes of training, troubleshooting, or as needed to support production activities.
- Initiate and participate in documented troubleshooting studies on equipment to outline opportunities for improvements.
- Document clear problem description, symptom, root cause and solution.
- Proven reasoning, troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Use shop equipment to repair or modify parts and equipment.
- Knowledge of, perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair:
AC and DC Motors & Drives Breakers and Fuses
Pressure and Flow Controls Pressure Transducers/Switches
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems Cylinders
Filtration Systems Dampers
Drive Systems Piping Systems Pumps Fans
Compressors Fire Protection Systems
- Other relates duties as assigned.
- Technical school education in the areas of Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or 2 years equivalent education/experience.
- Proficient in using personal computers and a working knowledge of software such as MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and help solve equipment technical issues.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to work with very minimum supervision.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have a good attitude regarding safety and lock out procedures
- Proven experience in machine maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of GMPs with experience in pharmaceutical environment.
- Read and understand mechanical and assembly drawings, hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical schematics.
- Read and understand P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram).
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.