Research Associate II, Molecular Biology
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Research Associate II, Molecular Biology, is responsible for design of cloning strategies, site-directed mutagenesis, and additional highly skilled molecular biology work including ddPCR. This role plays an integral role in R&D for AAV construct design and cloning.
- Designs, prepares and executes ddPCR of various sample types to support biodistribution studies.
- Execution of RNA/ DNA isolation, ddPCR, ELISA assays and additional molecular biology work including assisting with next-gen sequencing.
- Assists in designing novel constructs and cloning strategies under supervision of principal scientists.
- Cross-program molecular biology support, including promoter optimization, cell-based potency assays, and process science construct optimization.
- Plans, execute and analyze experiments under minimal supervision, utilizing molecular techniques.
- Examines data and prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented.
- Helps to maintains and ensures safe laboratory environment and work practices.
- Collaborates across a dynamic scientific environment.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related scientific discipline or 2 years of equivalent education/experience may be accepted.
- Experience/knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, plasmid prep.
- Knowledge and experience of cloning and sub-cloning is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills
- Position requires ability to work collaboratively across a dynamic scientific environment, therefore excellent communication skill, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.