Director, Global Advocacy Strategy and Launch Excellence
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments beginning with SMA but also focusing on Rett Syndrome and Friedreich's Ataxia. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Director, Global Advocacy Strategy and Launch Excellence will be responsible for leading high-impact global initiatives and launch excellence for patient advocacy and government affairs for Novartis Gene Therapies. He/she will be able to identify and prioritize critical projects to drive Novartis Gene Therapies' strategy and address patient needs by conducting insights research, building strategy, partnering internally and with external patient advocacy groups, government leaders, and other stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Vice President and Global Head of Patient Advocacy and Government Affairs.
- Advances multiple aspects of excellence and effectiveness of the Patient Advocacy and Government Affairs function by leading cross-functional initiatives, organizing key gene therapy policy-focused, advocacy initiatives such as global newborn screening, leading effective internal and external stakeholder initiatives, managing the global operations, project and financial management for the function.
- Provides strategic planning and tactical support for global Integrated Product Planning and launch plans; delivers stakeholder research projects to inform the strategy and partners with countries to provide the global strategic framework, collaborating on cross-functional execution.
- Directly leads global newborn screening initiatives, strategic support to countries; accountable for building analytics platform and tracking progress across all markets for this strategic priority.
- Create and maintain an Advocacy Center of Excellence, standard operating procedure modules, best practices to support functional evolution and ensure function is aligned and incorporating compliance guidelines and best practices .
- Develop and maintain project plans timelines to track program activities, develop contingency plans and risk mitigation.
- Support the development and drive the execution of Novartis Gene Therapies Global Advocacy best-in-class vision. Prepare leadership presentations.
- Operate with a strategic focus and ensure cross-functional accountability for program deliverables.
- Interface and maintain strong partnerships with other Novartis divisions, teams and functions to identify points of synergy and trends.
- Hold responsibility for Advocacy team financial planning, budget management, timely execution and payment, resolving delays or conflicts.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant concentration; Business, strategy, government affairs or policy; Graduate Degree preferred. Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- 10 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience; broad knowledge of the biopharma industry; working knowledge of drug development, HEOR, access and reimbursement, and commercialization.
- Strong business acumen with a working knowledge of strategy development, forecasting and trends, insights research and launch excellence, global experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to independently drive projects forward, establish budget and timeline, keep track of tasks, prepare for meetings, follows up, and demonstrate accountability.
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to solve conflicts or challenges in a timely manner and demonstrated sound judgement.
- High standards of excellence and attention to detail with ability to function with little support; hard working with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to prioritize self and others on the most critical activities to drive impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills; with self-awareness and respect for cultural diversity, can adjust appropriately to build relationships across cultures, identifying common goals and engaging in a transparent, trust-building manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex issues concisely and appropriately and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Travel is estimated at 25%.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.