Inside Sales Representative - Rocky Mountain District
Inside Sales Representative – Rocky Mountain District
Pacific Biosciences is seeking an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) with strong customer focus to successfully drive territory sales as a vital part of a team selling effort. The ideal candidate will be responsible for successfully positioning and selling company products as part of a local team striving for a common revenue goal. The job involves engaging and qualifying new and existing customers, positioning Pacific Biosciences products in order to provide solutions to their projects and business needs, and partnering closely with other internal and field-based members of the sales and marketing team to drive adoption and utilization of systems. The ISR role is exciting and challenging as you will have the opportunity to impact both current and new Pacific Biosciences customers across all segments by driving consumables pull through, service contract renewals, and overall account management. The position is a remote sales position and requires minimal travel time (10%).
- Develop a strong understanding of Pacific Bioscience's product portfolio, solutions, and related customer segments
- Establish and execute on strategies for obtaining new customers and growing existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Effectively sell the entire Pacific Biosciences product portfolio and end-to-end solution, focusing on consumables, instrumentation, and service contract renewals
- Identify sales opportunities through outbound contact to existing and prospective customers
- Take a creative approach for creating and driving business in the defined territory
- Analyze customer needs and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to earn new and existing customer business
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of job functions in order to learn from each experience and become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Work effectively in a team environment to drive overall business and enhance customer interactions
- Manage existing customers post sale to drive instrument utilization and service contract renewals
- Strong genetics and molecular biology foundation
- Proficiency in sequencing applications and ability to match solutions with customer needs
- 2+ years of experience in a life science laboratory, sales role, and/or related customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated history of sales success with the ability to develop and grow accounts
- Strong presentation skills
- Preferred knowledge of next generation sequencing methods and products
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and develop necessary skill sets
- Experience with driving effective collaboration within a team selling environment and a willingness to provide and seek feedback from teammates
- Approaches tasks with careful planning and executes with urgency.
- Strong desire to win
- Preferred location is near a major airport in the Mountain or Central time zone.
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Biology / Genetics
- Master's or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.