Senior Staff SDET
Senior Staff SDET
You will be responsible for developing automation framework, tools, and automation for testing DNA sequencer product software. You will be part of the complete software development process. You will report to the Associate Director, Test Automation and you'll work closely with the software development teams as well as across departments to coordinate integral verification and validation.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- Experience and knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle. Exposure to BDD. Good understanding and experience of testing methodology.
- Experience building automation framework.
- Experience with tool development.
- Object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Fluent in Python.
- Fluent with Linux.
- Experience with performance testing.
- Test automation using APIs and UI test tools.
- Exposure of agile development and DevOps.
- Good communication skills.
- Fast learner.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Experience in C++/C# is a bonus.
- Experience with Cypress and selenium is a bonus.
- Experience of embedded systems, IoT or life science instrumentation is a bonus.
- Experience of machine learning is a bonus.
- Experience of test automation for robotics, device control and simulation of hardware devices is a bonus.
Your Role Includes:
- Design and develop automation framework and tools.
- Design and develop test automation for multiple DNA sequencer platforms as part of development and release cycles.
- Improve automation, increase testing coverage, and enhance performance testing.
- Improve test reporting.
- Collaborate with other software teams to create integrated automation platforms.
- Understanding of automation strategy and frameworks.
- Experience with the entire test cycle – from test design and authoring to execution, debugging and log analysis, as well as reporting.
- Automation coding skill.
- Computer Science or related discipline BS/MS/PhD or equivalent experience.
Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB) is planning to cure disease with comprehensive genomics, from improving human health to aiding all forms of biology and microbiology. In particular, our technology is being used for most COVID-19 pandemic surveillance to track mutations and virulence. Join the team and have a significant impact on human well-being and build a collective understanding of the biological world.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.