Sequencing Chemistry Integration Manager
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced Technical Lead to manage the Chemistry integration team within the Sequencing Integration Group. This position is in a fast-paced environment, interacting with R&D and Process Development scientists and engineers from a variety of backgrounds. The selected individual will be working toward the development and integration of new sequencing reagents for the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing systems. The candidate needs to be comfortable functioning as a technical lead across a complex multi-disciplinary environment.
- Manage chemistry integration team and plan experiments for characterizing sequencing chemistry performance on prototype devices and platforms
- Determine from test results and failure analysis the root cause of observed suboptimal performance and propose improvements
- Collaborate closely with Reagent R&D, Reagent Process Development, SMRT Cell Process and Instrument Workflow teams to optimize sequencing chemistry formulations for optimal sequencing performance, long-term stability, and ease of use
- PhD or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics or related scientific field
- 5+ years of industry experience preferably in an NGS system integration environment, with at least 2+ years of management or team lead experience
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices (biochemistry/molecular biology)
- Working knowledge of fluorescence and its application
- Practical understanding of the kinetics of enzymatic reactions
- Highly motivated self-starter having strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in analysis of large datasets in R or a similar statistical package is preferred
- Experience working with complex, prototype instrumentation is desirable
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.