Sequencing Application Sales Specialist, Japan
Sequencing Application Sales Specialist, Japan
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm of long-read HiFi sequencing and help shape the future of genomics by joining the fast-growing PacBio team.
To enhance our technical sales and support capabilities in Japan we are hiring a Sequencing Applications Specialist, Japan. This role will work closely with marketing and sales members to provide technical and scientific expertise for prospects or customers exploring new applications. This function requires a hand-on, pro-active and highly motivated team-player.
The position will be the technical point of contact for new prospects considering an instrument purchase, or for existing customers expanding into applications new to them. The incumbent will be the primary consultant for them to address technical enquiries and present PacBio workflows and solutions.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets from sales of PacBio sequencing consumables, instrumentation, and services in Japan in line with corporate objectives and Japan strategies and goals.
- Work with Japan sales and marketing members as well as dealer sales teams to develop product and customer-need focused strategies that drive revenue growth across all product lines, all customers and all market segments.
- Provide direct pre-sales technical support to new prospects or existing customers
- Create, qualify, and close new business opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with Singapore based APAC regional marketing, and occasionally with US-based segment marketing to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Create and deliver high quality presentations, plan projects, and drive product sales by educating users about PacBio technical advantages and capabilities.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
- Serve as a valued technical consultant in order to understand customer needs and propose solutions accordingly.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key customers and references while representing the company with professionalism and integrity.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 2+ years or equivalent direct FAS or technical sales experience selling into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science within a life science subject – advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills with the ability to handle objections and communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Ability to comb literatures to identify potential new application areas for PacBio technology. Scan publication database to extract competitive positioning information against competing technologies.
- Candidate should possess didactic teaching skills to lead potential clients or existing clients to applying PacBio technology to expanded application realms.
- Strong public speaking skills at conferences or workshops, in direct presence or using online platforms.
- Highly networked in Japan with experience managing key accounts strongly preferred
- Experience in molecular genetics, molecular biology, and laboratory techniques.
- The role will require frequent domestic travel to customer sites up to 4 days per week and occasional int'l travel.
- This position is based in the Tokyo-Yokohama area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.