Director of Regional Marketing
Director of Regional Marketing
Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) is creating the world's most advanced sequencing technologies. Our latest instrument, the Sequel IIe, provides a unique combination of accurate and long DNA sequencing which generates the most complete picture of the genome. This HiFi sequencing is helping generate scientific insights that are not possible with other sequencing technologies.
We also continue to innovate to drive down the cost of genomics and improve other key aspects of the sequencing technology so that scientists can tackle some of the world's most important issues. Scientists use our technology in diverse areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies.
Become part of this fast-growing company and help shape the future of genomics by joining the PacBio team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Regional Marketing to lead regional marketing and lead generation functions for Europe, Middle East and Africa. As we build our team, we are looking for a collaborative, driven, intellectually curious individual who is committed to our customers' needs. Our culture rewards accountability, cross-functional teamwork, and those that can deliver on a customer-orientated approach. We believe this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager of EMEA, we are seeking an exceptional marketing leader to join our growing organization. This individual will be a key member of the EMEA leadership team and will be responsible for all aspects of regional marketing and lead generation. This role is home office based, but with an expectation that the Regional Marketing Director will travel to conferences that PacBio is supporting.
- Lead regional marketing and the lead generation representative team
- Develop and manage a wholistic, multi-channel annual marketing plan for EMEA with input from a wide range of internal stakeholders and experts
- Generation of a healthy funnel of qualified leads
- Strategic allocation and management of the regional marketing budget
- Responsible for clearly setting, tracking and reporting on Return on Marketing Investments and other Key Performance Indicators
- Work with the sales and marketing team to develop regional specific value propositions
- Gather and share regional voice of customer and competitive intelligence
- Manage, coach and develop the team
- 7+ years of successful marketing experience within the life sciences
- Must be able to interact positively with internal stakeholders across functions and cultivate relationships across all levels and sub-functions of the PacBio global commercial team
- Scientific or Technical degree is required
- Experience of successfully marketing products within the bounds of European regulations such as GDPR
- High scientific aptitude with understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as it relates to customer requirements as well as the potential competitive landscape
- Strategically minded with ability to work independently and to be highly adaptable
- Comfort and acumen for public speaking and the ability to deliver key presentations
- Strong communication and partnering skills with ability to operate as a team player
- Willingness to travel to key conferences and events
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.