PacBio Mission Statement: Enabling the promise of genomics to better human health.
We create the world's most advanced sequencing technologies. Our single-molecule solutions reveal the full potential of the genome in the pursuit of better health.
Want to become a key player in creating the next generation of long read DNA sequencers? Join the Instrument Control Software (ICS) team at PacBio: we're responsible for runtime control operations in all of our sequencing instruments. ICS manages operational hardware, including robots, lasers, optics, electromechanical devices, and environmental modules in order to conduct DNA sequencing experiments on the instrument. We are looking for an experienced engineer to develop firmware to interface ICS to a wide array of devices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write production firmware code for motion controllers and other devices
- Manage deployment, upgrades and downgrades of firmware packages
- Write functional test scripts to verify firmware operation
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline, or equivalent, with 5+ years related experience or equivalent
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) on microcontroller (MCU) platforms
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Programming: C, C++
- Familiarity with .NET
Personal and Professional Attributes
- You are able to perform root-cause analysis and debug complex software systems
- You have a curious nature and are willing to take calculated risks
- You enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary company culture that values working together to delight customers
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.