Content Specialist, Corporate Marketing
Content Specialist, Corporate Marketing
The PacBio Corporate Marketing team is seeking a self-motivated, driven, and highly organized Content Specialist with strong writing, communication, and leadership skills, to help drive the development and management of outbound content in support of our Marketing Segments, Product teams, and the PacBio brand. The selected individual must be capable of working collaboratively with project teams from various functions inside and outside the broader marketing organization and exhibit a high level of internal customer focus and service to successfully drive marketing communication programs under aggressive timelines, in a dynamically evolving and fast-paced biotechnology environment.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced copywriter and marketer with a strong content creation background in life sciences, biology, healthcare, and biotechnology, as well as a track record of initializing and executing best-practices for search engine optimization. Qualified individuals will be able to embrace PacBio's core technologies and target markets within genomic science to create content that aligns with our brand. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing, you will be responsible for multiple projects from concept to publication.
- Work in a content marketing role to produce written content for a variety of platforms, concentrating on web collateral and expanding to written content for our blog, social media, literature, posters, email campaigns, and videos
- Ability to understand, translate, communicate, and coordinate intricate marketing strategies within content creation and promotion processes
- Work closely with digital advertising, social media, and creative teams to define conversion, user and SEO goals for content
- Author content inside an enterprise content management system
- Take complex scientific content and make it accessible for site visitors and indexable for search engines
- Ensure all content deliverables meet corporate, brand, and legal guidelines and quality standards
- Audit content across our channels and apply strategic insights aligned to user segments
- Optimize existing content assets for increased performance
- Implement structured taxonomy, metadata, and keywords to content assets as needed
- Support third party vendors with content creation, content editing, and deployment workflows
- Research content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing to target audiences
- Skillfully manage a high volume of content needs simultaneously with rolling deadlines against competing priorities
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders across the business and seasoned in presentation acumen
- Identify and implement key metrics and analytics, track, and measure results, and gather insights to continuously improve successful program management development and execution
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a content marketing or copywriting role
- 5+ years of content experience working in the healthcare and/or life sciences and/or biotech space
- Strong portfolio, showcasing content creation and editing ability
- Deep understanding of SEO, social media, and digital advertising best practices
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills, with excellent time management
- Sophisticated people skills with the ability to manage, interact and collaborate with cross-functional, geographically-disperse teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a variety of project management software and tools
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.