Manager, Commercial Support
Manager, Commercial Support
At Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB), we are passionate about developing high-quality, innovative technologies and systems that impact areas of critical importance, including human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Our unique long-read gene sequencing technology generates complete and accurate data, giving scientist more insights. We believe our tools will lead to advances that will create long-lasting benefits for the world and its future.
Opportunity for a collaborative, commercial-minded Manager, Commercial Support to join the Pacific Biosciences Commercial Operations team. This role reports to the Director, Commercial Support and is based in the U.K. This position directly supports our Commercial Operations from quote to cash, while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have experience in reviewing and managing contract and tender documentation and has ability to effectively manage their workload and adapt in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company. Additionally, the Commercial Support Manager will be responsible for providing reliable data for audits, reporting, and planning purposes and actively participating in quote-to-cash, and cross-functional process improvements.
- Support to Sales during pre-sales negotiations (quotations, tender and contract review).
- Interacts with Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing, Technical Support, Planning and Field Service and other functional groups to drive the process from quote to order fulfillment.
- Administrative support for EMEA distributors as needed.
- Performs detailed reviews of draft contracts and terms and conditions against legal checklist of acceptable elements to identify and mitigate legal risks. Flags incomplete and non-compliant terms and notifies responsible parties of open action items; compares new agreements to existing agreements for consistency and accuracy.
- Negotiates commercial contract terms and conditions with external organizations. (Dealing with both PacBio terms and conditions and external organization's terms and conditions under minimal instruction.)
- Maintaining and providing updates to current contracts, pricing approval processes, terms and conditions, and all related forms and distributing as needed.
- Daily coordination of all customer-facing activities related to instruments and reagent quotes and order management, including follow-up and resolution.
- Receives and reviews customer purchase orders to ensure they meet finance standards and are SOX compliant.
- Manage order processing and confirmations in SAP.
- Coordinate with Logistics to ensure timely and correct delivery.
- Order invoicing in compliance with revenue recognition policy.
- Create and prepare Commercial Support reports and analysis as needed
- Audit compliance (document controls, process controls, reports, cooperation with external Auditors).
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience, preferably in the life sciences field.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Salesforce or similar CRM system is highly preferred.
- Project management, report creation and pricing administration a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and email systems is required.
- Proactive self-starter that drives for results and is a customer advocate.
- Ability to interact at many levels within the organization, internal and external.
- Understanding of basic SOX rules including invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Problem solving attitude and cross-functional perspective.
- Ability to initiate and complete process improvement through influence/teamwork.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.