Manager, Field Applications Scientist (FAS) - East Coast, US
Manager, Field Applications Scientist (FAS) - East Coast, United States
Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Manager, Field Applications Scientist (FAS) with a strong customer focus to support installations, training, validation and implementation of SMRT™ sequencing technology with the Sequel & Sequel II instrumentation and portfolio of products.
The ability to communicate with your team, customers, marketing, internal support and development, and disseminate results to diverse audiences are important aspects of this role. In addition, pre-sales and post-sales activities will be conducted in conjunction with our Sales organization.
This individual will be working in a fast-paced commercial environment. This includes interacting with customers as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds. This individual is a partner to the customer in the understanding and analysis of data derived through the use of our 3rd generation sequencing platform.
The position will be based on the East Coast area of the United States. The candidate must live near an international airport.
- Manage a growing team of Field Application Specialists across AMR East
- Hire and oversee the onboarding, training, and career advancement of new Field Application Scientists
- Continue to drive best in class support from the Pac Bio FAS team
- Mentor and coach team members on training, presentation skills and troubleshooting
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to effectively utilize the Sequel & Sequel II instrument in their laboratories
- Assist Technical sales in driving adoption and use of Pac Bio products and applications.
- Work with Technical Support team to provide timely technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Work with Account Managers to identify business opportunities, understand customer research needs and position appropriate PacBio products and solutions
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams in conducting scientific presentations
- Work with Market Development team to define/develop models for competitive positioning of Single Molecule Sequencing Real-Time (SMRT™) technology
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and key opinion leaders in assigned territory
- Be a customer-minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns
- Able to efficiently problem-solve and overcome technical challenges in the field
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities across functions to support customer requirements
- Assist in the development of technical documentation and training presentations
- Provide scientific and applications feedback to R&D, Product Marketing, and Sales teams
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum of a Master's degree or equivalent experience (Ph.D. preferred) in Molecular Biology/Genetics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science, or in a Life Science or Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in field applications and pre-/post-sales customer support; and in managing a remote field team handling installation, training, validation, implementation, and application of next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Molecular biology/molecular genetics and biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Analysis of next-generation DNA sequencing data
- Knowledgeable in bioinformatics tools to support next-generation DNA sequencing, including common DNA sequence analysis tools and workflows such as sequence alignment, genome visualization, comparative genomics, sequence/structural variation discovery, and epigenetics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Experienced in conducting scientific presentations to internal and external audiences for pre- and post-sales activities
- Familiarity with the scientific publication process and associated experimental design requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrates excellent documentation skills; exhibits thoroughness and attention to detail to ensure that job tasks are completed with a high level of quality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other field team members
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
- Lives near an international airport and possesses a valid driver's license
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills are essential
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.