Title: Contract Recruiter
Location: San Diego, CA
This is the temporary contractor position.
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
- Partners with the business to drive all aspects of the full-cycle recruitment process
- Prepares for and conducts intake meeting with strong understanding of talent landscape and recommendations for talent strategy
- Collaborates with Hiring Manager on a complete and logical sourcing strategy/plan
- Ensures a high level of candidate engagement and positive candidate experience
- Scheduling of phone screens, interviews, reference checks, and background checks as needed
- Drives and influences the candidate assessment and selection process with the greater hiring team
- Offer negotiations and closing of candidates
- Maintains strong pipeline of qualified candidates and cultivates strong network of passive talent
- Conducts proactive sourcing of talent using a variety of platforms and approaches
- Anticipates and proactively communicates recruiting activity and status to Hiring Managers and Business Partners
- Influence and improves recruiting process and metrics
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree with 1+ years of industry experience
- Experience recruiting scientists and engineers for an R&D organization
- Experience with Workday Recruiting preferred
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in sourcing techniques including LinkedIn, Google, ATS mining, referrals, etc.
- Ability to aggressively drive the recruiting process with accuracy and urgency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.