Scientist, Technical Support
Scientist, Technical Support
PacBio is looking for a talented customer facing technical support scientist in the London area in the UK to build and extend technical support in the EMEA region.
Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) is creating the world's most advanced sequencing technologies. Our latest instrument, the Sequel IIe System, provides a unique combination of accurate and long DNA sequencing (HiFi sequencing) which generates the most complete picture of the genome. HiFi sequencing is helping generate scientific insights that are not possible with other sequencing technologies.
This position is a great opportunity to join our world class service and support organization, interact with customers, and learn the technology from its core. The position is amenable to candidates who consider changing their career to start working in a commercial setting. Your role will be office based, and you are part of a multi disciplinary local team, as well as the global tech support organization.
Your goal is to address incoming inquiries from users via PacBio's customer portal, by email, or phone. You will use your knowledge to triage, prioritize and troubleshoot customer inquiries. You are also expected to provide technical guidance and help project design related questions. You are supporting the local Application scientists and Service engineers through collaboration and connection with internal groups.
- Assist customers with technical consultation to troubleshoot and resolve sample/library prep and sequencing-related questions and complaints.
- Triage, redirect and escalate customer inquiries as needed for case resolution. Liaise with internal groups (R&D, Apps Lab, Product Marketing) to support Application Scientists and Service Engineers in a timely manner.
- Log and manage case details using Salesforce CRM
- Conduct deeper investigations (including internal database searches to elucidate root cause for escalated cases, including wet lab experiments
- Inform customer support teams on important field issues and related mitigation/resolution strategies
- At select occasions visit nearby customers to seed direct customer feedback
- Maintain a clean database
- Run regular reports to update the teams on performance.
- Report and update on most common problems (issues) to internal and customer facing teams.
- For repeat issues, and where possible, develop procedures (e.g. instructions) for internal teams to be aligned and consistent in approach to resolve.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- B.S. or higher in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related disciplines, along with 3+ years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- 2+ years of customer support, field service, or technical training preferred.
- Experienced operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments
- Experienced with PacBio instrumentation is a plus
- Experienced in molecular biology laboratory techniques, specifically, sample and sequencing library preparation
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis of next-generation DNA sequencing data is a plus.
- Customer-focused individual with the empathy and skills to understand and address customer concerns.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High command in English and must be completely fluent in at least French, German, or Dutch.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently
- Must have excellent troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be an intelligent individual with excellent work ethic, great judgment, and unquestionable integrity.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance several projects and customers concurrently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.