Senior Analyst, Revenue Recognition
PacBio has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst, Revenue Recognition. At Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB), we are passionate about developing high-quality, innovative technologies and systems that impact areas of critical importance, including human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. In particular, our technology is being used for pandemic surveillance with scientists assessing potential COVID-19 mutations based on sequencing data generated from our sequencing platforms. Our unique long-read gene sequencing technology generates complete and highly accurate data, giving scientist more insights. We believe our tools will lead to advances that will create long-lasting benefits for the world and its future.
The Role & The Team
The Senior Analyst, Revenue Accounting will support our global revenue accounting function, partnering closely with internal stakeholders across the company. As a Senior Analyst, Revenue Recognition, you will play a key role in the monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, SOX support, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. This role reports to the Manager, Revenue Recognition.
- Focus on Revenue Accounting including the month-end close process, reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures
- Participating in all aspects of the revenue month-end close process, including creating journal entries, performing reconciliations, and SEC disclosures & reporting schedule preparation
- Ensure compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance within ASC606 and any related guidance
- Assist with external auditors on revenue related requests and documentation
- Participate with legal in revenue contract negotiations to ensure accuracy and revenue recognition compliance
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making.
- Perform contract analysis review and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded.
- Work actively with our internal customers (FP&A, SalesOps, Legal, and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible.
- Assist with technical memo write ups
- Assist with ad hoc projects related to revenue process improvements
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting; CPA and Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in accounting, including 2 years in revenue recognition
- Working knowledge of revenue and related pronouncements (ASC 606)
- Life science and manufacturing industries accounting experience a plus
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Ability to establish partnering relationship with FP&A, SalesOps, Legal, and others as well as with external auditors
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter; ability to work independently and collaborate to meet deadlines; effectively work with team to expedite completion of critical projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.