Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer
Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB) Consensus Platform Engineering Team is at the forefront of producing scalable, innovative, hardware-near, and production-level software, to generate and process, highly-accurate long reads (HiFi) on our instruments, employing bioinformatics algorithms and statistical models.
We're a small, growing group of interdisciplinary engineers that are empowered and encouraged to follow their passion, to rethink the status quo and to constantly reinvent themselves.
Data produced by our products goes into the hands of thousands of scientists and enables breakthroughs in genomics, transcriptomics, and epigenetics.
Behind every successful product is a team that cares about code quality, critically analyzes results, collaborates extensively with internal and external stakeholders and is open to new changes to enable the next evolution in biological data analysis.
For this role we're seeking a Senior Software Engineer that has roots in bioinformatics with programming experience.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to software that generates and processes HiFi data, including
- Optimize and integrate on-instrument software in coordination with other teams.
- Analyze and benchmark to keep track of performance, qualitative and quantitative regressions.
- Explore next-generation hardware by close collaborations with established leaders and newcomers in the hardware sector.
- Produce high quality documentation.
- Modern C++ design and programming skills
- Bioinformatics algorithms expertise with an advanced scientific degree or equivalent.
- Design and work experience with high-level abstractions that map efficiently to different hardware architectures.
- Daily experience with version control, git.
- Recognize the value of various testing approaches and how to apply them.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to motivate yourself and finish projects.
- Experience with statistical models and/or machine learning in genomics.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous and real-time hardware architectures.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.