Sr. Director, Corporate FP&A
Sr. Director, Corporate FP&A
At Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB), we are passionate about developing high-quality, innovative technologies and systems that impact areas of critical importance, including human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Our unique long-read gene sequencing technology generates complete and accurate data, giving scientist more insights. We believe our tools will lead to advances that will create long-lasting benefits for the world and its future.
About the role
PacBio is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our Finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Director of Corporate FP&A will be a hands-on yet strategic leader who will manage PacBio's financial planning and reporting processes and lead a team of 2-3 professionals.
Serving as a thought-leader and strategic partner in developing PacBio's financial practices, he/she will be a trusted advisor to PacBio's CFO, CEO and leaders, providing insightful counsel on both financial and business issues.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and high capacity to build relationships with key stakeholders across Finance and the leadership team. In addition, he/she will continuously improve key financial processes and produce high quality insights into business performance and expectations. This role reports to PacBio's VP of Finance and will be based in our Menlo Park office.
- Drive the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks).
- Drive the development and implementation of new processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts, financial planning consolidations, and tracking of key investments and performance metrics.
- Prepare executive level decks for C-level staff members and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain PacBio's financial models to ensure they are both accurate and updated to reflect latest assumptions and changing business needs.
- Provide analytics and financial modeling for potential partnerships, alliances, and M&A initiatives.
- Contribute to the accounting monthly close process. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet monthly close timeline while adhering to internal controls.
- Provide support to the department leaders across the organization, to increase transparency around key financial results and assumptions, including spending controls/limits and forecasting. Manage the monthly reporting process for each department to ensure they are aware of their spending, variances to budget, and within their departmental OKRs.
- Drive the process for rationalizing department investments (Headcount, OPEX spend, and CapEx) within the framework of both the annual and long-term operating plans. Update/maintain as necessary to support ongoing financial forecast deliverables
- Support development of processes, tools, and infrastructure to enable project-level budgeting, resource planning, and portfolio planning
- Set development goals and effectively coach direct reports and other team members in their professional career growth.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- 12+ years of financial analysis experience, preferably in a high-growth environment
- BS in Business or technical field required, MBA strongly preferred
- Experienced finance leader with FP&A expertise, and progressively increasing responsibilities in a global company
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with business leaders
- Systems savvy, ideally with experience implementing or overseeing financial planning and reporting tools
- Confident, with strong communications skills and executive presence
- Self-starter who is comfortable leading in a fast paced environment and will question and challenge existing norms
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills
- Prior Corporate FP&A experience a plus
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.