The PacBio Corporate Marketing Department is looking to hire a website manager who is passionate about high-performing websites—who loves collaboration and a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. You are an expert in all things related to a company's website: development, optimization, brand consistency, user experience, content management, segmentation, personalization, analytics, and overall measurement. You will live for converting visitors to customers and have the ability to educate and inform the broader team on website best practices.
To ensure success, you must display an excellent understanding of web-based methodologies, the ever-changing world of web and SEO best practices, integration with CRMs, CMSs, DAMs and core web technologies. You will also be well-versed in managing third-party vendors and integration tools. Top candidates will be comfortable troubleshooting and constantly improve the User Experience (UX) of the website.
What your day will look like:
- Work with the brand team, third-party development team, and other relevant stakeholders on the overhaul of the current website, with a launch date targeted in Q4 2021/Q1 2022.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the company's corporate website(s).
- Update web pages, links, images, and other assets on a regular basis.
- Work with the content management team on KPI-based content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create appropriate website content aligned with the company's segment and product strategy.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly, leveraging state-of-the-art practices and tools.
- Collaborate with all the creative team and other key stakeholders to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the corporation's brand and messaging standards.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic.
- Be the SME on website KPIs and conversion metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry best practices and monitor competitor websites.
- Respond to reports of web problems and, with the assistance of IT/third-party development team, troubleshoot and resolve all website issues.
- Work with IT and third-party developers to ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures and to identify and respond to all website security breaches, as needed.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Ensure company websites are in full compliance with all laws and regulations.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Website Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in marketing and website management, design and development.
- Experience with content management systems and W3C Web standards.
- Proven track record for managing and optimizing website pages for conversion.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other creative tools; Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Expert in HTML, SCSS, CSS, jQuery, responsive design and development, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility, and dynamic website backend technologies.
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices and its relation to SEM.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail; an analytical mind; outstanding problem-solving capabilities.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, third-party tool integration, and A/B testing software.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills.
What's in it for you?
You will get to work alongside a small yet agile team of savvy, creative and driven marketers in the hot and cutting-edge industry of biotech. What we do literally helps scientists better understand the world we live in and assists them in making it a better place to live.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person's attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch), so highly encourage you to help us find just the right combination of all these things by applying today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.