Inside Sales Representative - Northeast US
Pacific Biosciences is seeking an Inside Sales Representative (ISR) with strong customer focus to successfully drive territory sales as a vital part of a team selling effort. The ideal candidate will be responsible for successfully positioning and selling company products as part of a local team striving for a common revenue goal. The job involves engaging and qualifying existing customers, positioning Pacific Biosciences products in order to provide solutions to their projects and business needs, and partnering closely with other internal and field-based members of the sales and marketing team to drive adoption and utilization of systems. The ISR role is exciting and challenging as you will have the opportunity to impact both current and new Pacific Biosciences customers across all segments by driving consumables pull through, service contract renewals, and overall account management.
The position is a remote sales position and requires minimal travel time (10%).
- Develops a strong understanding of Pacific Bioscience's product portfolio and solutions and related customer segments.
- Establishes and executes on strategies to maintain and grow existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Effectively sell the entire Pacific Biosciences product portfolio and end-to-end solution, focusing on consumables, instrumentation, and services renewals.
- Makes outbound contact to existing, as well as potential new users within current accounts, to identify sales opportunities and expand the business.
- Takes a creative approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Demonstrates capability to analyze customer needs and negotiate appropriate mutually beneficial solutions to earn new and existing customer business.
- Has the ability to take ownership of behavior and learn from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive overall business and enhance customer interactions.
- Manages existing customers post sale to drive utilization of instrumentation and renewals of service contract business
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation to allow for understanding the variation of customer applications to be able to match solutions with customer needs.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience.
- Demonstrated strategic sales skills with ability to develop and grow accounts is preferred.
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management.
- Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping methods.
- Self-motivated to continue learning and expand knowledge and skill set.
- Knowledge and experience regarding driving effective collaboration within a team selling environment and a willingness to provide and seek feedback from teammates.
- Strong desire to “win” through building together with your team by enabling customer success.
- Approaches tasks with careful planning and a sense of urgency to execute.
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Biology / Genetics
- Master's or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.