Senior Research Associate / Research Associate III, Process Development and Manufacturing Support
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, conscientious, and talented researcher to support the companys Process Development and Manufacturing Support team, pursuing the on- going monitoring of manufacturing programs, identifying potential manufacturing process improvements, and designing appropriate experiments to evaluate and implement changes. The successful candidate will work closely with various groups including GMP Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, and the Upstream and Downstream Process Development teams. Candidates must have cell culture experience preferably with iPSC cultures. Previous experience working in a cGMP environment strongly preferred. This is a full-time position reporting to a Supervisor, Process Development and Manufacturing Support, and may require weekend hours, located at our corporate headquarters and research facilities in San Diego, CA.
- Perform assessment of cell cultures, maintenance of iPSCs, hematopoietic differentiations, and NK and T cell differentiations
- Identify potential manufacturing process improvements and design and execute experiments to evaluate changes including developing study protocols and reports
- Develop and/or revise cGMP documentation for process improvement implementation
- Manage laboratory space and inventory for cell culture activities and process improvement experiments
- Maintain accurate and detailed records in accordance with good documentation practices
- Communicate and collaborate with various functional groups
- B.S. / M.S. with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in mammalian cell culture
- Prior experience working in a cGMP environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience developing and/or revising controlled documentation strongly preferred
- Prior experience in industrial process development is a plus
- Meticulous record-keeping skills and excellent communication skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, meet aggressive deadlines, and work on multiple projects
- Working knowledge of stem cell biology, immune system and/or developmental hematopoiesis is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Weekend work may be required
- Will require working with cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.