Corporate Audit Manager Healthcare Compliance
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Corporate Audit Manager Healthcare ComplianceLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will report to the Corporate Audit Director for Healthcare Compliance Audit. The Audit Manager will assist the Chief Audit Executive, Directors, Senior Managers and Staff of Amgen Corporate Audit in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services. This role will also help determine whether the Company's systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a company of Amgens size and market.
- Effectively plans, coordinates, and conducts periodic audits of healthcare compliance business processes in accordance with approved annual audit plans
- Interacts with Amgen senior and mid-level management
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Successfully manages and cultivates key relationships to ensure that Corporate Audit's scope of work and the objectives of the organization are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company
- Effectively researches the laws, codes and regulations applicable to the healthcare compliance risks
- Drafts work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results
- Provides project management responsibility for leading the direction and accomplishments of overall goals and objectives of audits
- Discharges responsibilities consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors' Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities, as well as the Association of Healthcare Compliance Internal Auditors Seven Component Framework
- Travel up to 15% per year
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Corporate Audit professional we seek is a Manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Audit experience
Associates degree and 7 years of Audit experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Audit experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Big 4 and Fortune 500 internal audit experience
- Advanced certification (i.e., MBA, CPA, CISA or Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of internal control framework
- Understanding of healthcare compliance risks
- Pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry experience
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Analytical, interpersonal, team-building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent business expertise (e.g. knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions, and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), including effectively and confidentially interacting with Amgen senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, as well as Tableau, Alteryx, Smartsheets
- Relevant auditing or compliance professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant, Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.