Site Reliability Engineer, Infrastructure
Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Site Reliability Engineer to improve and maintain our infrastructure and code that runs on it.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop services that allow scientists to leverage the power of Schrödinger’s software platform. Using your love for computing architectures, software development, and eye for reliability, you will play an essential role in revolutionizing the design of novel therapeutics and materials.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled DevOps engineer who’s excited by the prospect of developing and deploying resilient web services as well as containerization technologies for those services (specifically Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Tilt)
- A modern infrastructure operations/automation tools expert who enjoys server virtualization, deployment automation, and continuous integration and testing
- A passionate *nix system operator who understands process limits, devices, networking, security, and systems administration
- An in-depth tinkerer that can debug low level and sometimes un-Googleable issues
- Anyone who enjoys Capture the Flags and similar technical puzzles
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with various application teams to create, develop, and automate the systems that build, test, deploy, and monitor our development and production environments
- Assist in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues that come up "in the wild", documenting them, and developing short and long term fixes as appropriate
- Design and develop our internal infrastructure services, primarily written with Python/Django
- Exercise your own judgment (along with support from teammates) to architect and implement robust, secure, and maintainable systems/solutions
What you should have:
- Over three years of experience in infrastructure, cloud engineering, containerized application development, and/or systems administration
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc
- Solid understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Podman, and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.