Associate Scientist, Pharmaceutical R&D
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge. It is your dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Appropriately generate, record, archive, and report all data
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present results through written reports, publications, and related documentation
- Summarize, critically evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses, execute experiments, and author technical reports
- Planning and execution of experiments for developing parenteral formulations for a variety of modalities spanning monoclonal antibodies, proteins, vaccines, gene therapies, and nanoparticles through the application of various biophysical and biochemical techniques such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), Spectroscopy techniques.
- Perform rapid, comprehensive characterization of candidate molecules to determine the stability profile and applying this data to develop an appropriate dosage form to meet clinical and patient needs
- Participate in the development and scale-up of processes from bench top to pilot scale and, as required, technology transfer to commercial plants.
- BS degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Pharmacy, or equivalent).
- 0-3 years laboratory experience in a relevant field
- Strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles, and concepts
- Working knowledge of formulation and process considerations for biotherapeutics including gene therapy, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, etc
- Experience with biotherapeutics analytical methods such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques
- Industrial experience in parenteral formulation and process development of protein therapeutics
- Demonstrated scientific documentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software
Additional Job Details
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes