Senior Computational Biologist
Work with Proteomics data to research, configure, optimize and test upstream data processing protocols for emerging experimental and analytical techniques. Additionally, the role will enable the integration and interpretation of large scale internal and external biological data sets. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and a technical background allowing for facile interaction with computational biologists and experimentalists as tools are implemented.
* Research, configure, and optimize scientific algorithms for data analysis of various large-scale molecular data types
* Deliver analysis ready data sets with full statistical validation
* Integrate and curate internal and external data sets using standard identifiers from curated biomedical repositories
* Processing and analysis of complex, large-scale molecular data types unaddressed by current methods
* Maintain awareness of emerging methods in computational biology and applications for novel omics technologies
* Contribute innovative and novel scientific analyses to cross line platform projects
* Interface with Integrative Biology, Tech Center and Platform Line teams to determine needs and work with Business Technology to define solutions.
* Post-graduate level training in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or relevant natural sciences or computer sciences degree required
*BS with 8 years, MS with 6 years, or PhD with 3 years relevant experience applying quantitative approaches to solving biological problems, ideally in a pharmaceutical, biotech or comparable context.
• Strong background in ‘omics pipeline development.
*Demonstrated experience in handling proteomics, NGS and other omics datasets
*Experience in analyzing “TMT-labeled” data sets
* Deep understanding of the statistical methods commonly used in omics analysis. Demonstrated experience applying computational and statistical approaches to deliver analysis result e.g. multivariate and machine learning approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with computational biologists to communicate and discuss results
• Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
Other Job Details:
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development