We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with exceptional next generation sequencing (NGS) skill to join Viral Vaccine R&D Team in Pearl River, NY. The successful candidate will have background in next generation sequencing technologies. This individual will interface with a diverse set of colleagues to support the application of NGS technologies to the portfolio projects across all active viral vaccines R&D from preclinical to clinical samples. The successful candidate is expected to carry-out all laboratory in-house NGS assay experimentation execution of laboratory experiments, troubleshoot issues, validation of test data, as well as preparation of associated documentation and reports. The successful candidate will also carry out upstream QC before handing off for downstream data analysis. The successful candidate must be technically skilled to perform sample collection/handling, tissue dissociation, isolation of RNA or DNA from tissues and cells and be excited to inquire about and apply the latest and most cutting-edge molecular biology technologies. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design are a must.
- Perform and execute next-generation sequencing (NGS) protocols for the characterization of RNA and DNA molecules of interest for viral vaccine R&D
- Perform all lab-based activities: sample preparation, DNA/RNA isolation, DNA/RNA purification, library construction,DNA/RNA next generation sequencing
- Develop novel protocols for viral genomes and/or human genome by sequence alignment and/or primer design
- Conduct and implement improved methods to existing standard next generation sequencing protocols
- Conduct data analytics, molecular biology work and other duties as assigned
- Effectively optimizing and troubleshooting NGS library preparation and sequencing workflows, upstream data processing to ensure high level of quality and reliability of generated results
- Manage timelines and deliverables and develop reports for various projects
- Master’s degree with 2+ years or bachelor’s degree with 4 years of laboratory research experience in industrial or academic setting
- 2+ years of hands-on experiences with NGS assay development, validation, sample processing, library preparation and sequencing experience is essential. Previous work in viral genomes NGS, single cell RNA-seq is preferred
- Knowledge of different NGS platforms (DNA and RNA Sequencing, targeted DNA and RNASeq, amplicon-based sequencing, ChIP-Seq, Single cell sequencing and or other NGS assays).
- Experience with plate-based robotic automation platforms for nucleic acid isolation, QC, library preparation is highly desired but not required.
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and analytical technique (nucleic acid extraction and quality control, PCR, real-time PCR, primer design, flow cytometry, gene cloning, western plot, Sanger DNA sequencing)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem-solving skills, and capability for multi-tasking
- Strong abilities to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for employee referral programs: YES
- Eligible for relocation support: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development