Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting Consolidations
Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer, we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. We apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety, and value in the discovery, development, and manufacture of health care products, including innovative medicines and vaccines. Every day, Pfizer colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments, and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. Consistent with our responsibility as one of the world's premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, we collaborate with health care providers, governments, and local communities to support and expand access to reliable, affordable health care around the world. For more than 170 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on us.
Pfizer has expanded our global footprint with a new office in Tampa at the Heights Union East Building. We are quickly building a community of colleagues that align with our common patient-focused purpose and Pfizer’s core values. Pfizer Tampa is a strategic powerhouse that creates an atmosphere for innovative ideas and best practices across Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing. Pfizer colleagues are diverse and highly skilled with extensive knowledge, deep expertise, and strategic capabilities across multiple functions. Pfizer Tampa is a dynamic and energizing environment where diverse colleagues are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions.
This role reports into the Pfizer Core Operations group. Core Operations is part of the Controllers organization in Pfizer and plays a vital role in the collection, consolidation and reporting of financial information for the company, as well as the preparation of metrics over various financial reporting areas. The team collaborates with global, market, regional and HQ Business Finance as it relates to various data collection activities (sales, trial balance, inventory markup, and supplemental/disclosure data), data submission requirements, systems/process training and financial reporting & analysis (both internal and external).
This position within Core Operations is a general accounting role and will be responsible for the preparation of key financial schedules/analytics and execution of financial reporting processes that are critical to the consolidated financial reporting both internally and externally. In accomplishing this, the individual in this role will interact with colleagues globally across multiple functions within Pfizer’s Finance & Business Operations organization. This individual will be expected to not only execute the their job responsibilities with a high degree of integrity and quality, but also be an active contributor to continuous improvement initiatives and Pfizer’s culture.
Support preparation of the monthly and quarterly P&L analytics for internal Management Reporting and SEC reporting:
- Assist in preparing various schedules in the Flash Package (P&L reporting) provided to Senior Management across the Finance organization,
- Compile detailed analysis to support Earnings Review meeting with the Controller, and ensure any follow-up items are reviewed and responded to on a timely basis
- Provide supporting documentation to support 10/Q/10K disclosures
Support the preparation of the quarterly Balance Sheet Analysis Package
- Provide robust/value-added analysis of Balance Sheet activity (for those accounts assigned) reported in HFM through interaction with business partners, knowledge of business operations and effective use of financial systems/tools
- Continuously evaluate opportunities to improve data quality or process efficiency in the normal course of this work; partner as necessary with supervisor and process stakeholders
- Assist in preparing reconciliations and analysis for various Inventory accounts and ensure legal entity GMX submissions are complete and accurate
Support the preparation of the Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows
- Assist in the preparation of certain cash flow statement related analyses
- Assist in the preparation of supplemental reporting training materials to worldwide colleagues.
Support other activities as a member of the overall Core Operations team:
- Prepare select footnote disclosures for inclusion in external filings 10Q/10K, including related External Reporting tasks as applicable using WDESK application
- Prepare metrics over financial reporting for Senior Management with a focus on continuous improvement geared toward conveying risks/opportunities through review of KPI’s
- Ensure a strong linkage with the group’s metrics to support overall vision for data quality and process efficiency
- Effectively use HFM reporting tools to support financial analysis and detailed tasks assigned in the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, and disclosures
- Assist on special projects requiring analytical skills and knowledge of systems/processes related to business acquisitions and divestitures, financial systems implementations, upgrades, or changes in accounting policy
- Collaborate with and address questions from business finance partners regarding reporting issues, analysis of results, and need for adjusting entries. Review and analyze reports and/or other financial information provided by finance colleagues to ensure actual financial results are complete and accurate.
- Participate in identifying and executing continuous improvement opportunities to sustain Controllers strategic objectives
- Ensure key internal controls are properly identified and functioning as designed, prepare quarterly documentation, as needed, in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Support interactions and needs of internal and external auditors to ensure the completion of quarterly/annual audits
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Experience in an accounting and/or financial reporting capacity.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements which enables participation in a broad spectrum of accounting/financial reporting tasks/projects.
- Demonstrates business acumen and ability to “connect” financial results to business activity in order to “stress test” the accuracy/integrity of results and add value to analytics.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and is change agile. Can manage multiple tasks and prioritize demands placed on their time effectively.
- Self-starter who brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to every responsibility and project. Has a passion for new ideas and a sustained focus on continuous improvement
- Team player who has the ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with others
- Demonstrates an ongoing desire to learn and a commitment to personal development.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills; can independently organize and conduct meetings and effectively convey ideas to others either in an individual or group setting.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 Auditing Experience highly preferred
- Experience with a large, multi-national company is a positive
- Competency with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Essbase or other financial reporting/consolidation software is a plus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE