GT&E Summer Intern
Pfizer’s Global Supply (PGS) Early Talent Program offers summer internships that provide exposure to multiple facets of the business. The Global Technology and Engineering (GT&E) organization pioneers manufacturing technology to supply medicine to patients all over the world. GT&E works around the globe helping manufacturing sites to design, implement and improve technologies that span the full lifecycle of products across all modalities. Our summer interns will work in one of these areas on challenging assignments and projects that will stimulate creative problem-solving and collaborative leadership while contributing to the overall goal of bringing quality life-saving medicines to patients around the world. As our team is geographically dispersed, individuals selected for these roles will either work remotely or join our teams in one of the following locations: McPherson, KS / Kalamazoo, MI / Rocky Mount, NC / Andover, MA / Sanford, NC / Lake Forest, IL / Peapack, NJ / Collegeville, PA / New York City, NY. Some internships require on-site presence while others can be either remote or on-site.
A summer intern can expect to join a team that fits well with their field of study and interests within core manufacturing operations or one of the supporting departments. Summer interns will receive challenging assignments with the opportunity to apply existing knowledge and gain new experiences within a manufacturing environment or remotely. In addition to their assigned project, interns can expect opportunities to participate in group social and developmental learning activities throughout the summer. Core responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform challenging, demanding, and diverse assignments respective to the role and projects within their assigned area(s). Participate in cross-functional teams to deliver objectives on time.
- Example assignments that may be available include:
- Projects related to Process Analytical Technology (PAT), data analytics, informatics, capacity modeling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or advanced process control
- Support technical transfers, investigate manufacturing issues, and/or improve product robustness
- Support improvements in knowledge management deployment and technologies, and/or implementation of innovative technologies
- Support medical device design, manufacturing, improvement, and/or issue resolution
- Updating communication tools and creating documents to support improved visibility and project management
- Hands-on lab work developing test methods, process development, issue investigation, and/or process improvements
- Interact directly with colleagues in resolving complex challenges.
- Participate in meetings and present as required to other Pfizer colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Completed at least two years in a College or University studying applicable coursework in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Biomedical) or Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physics) or Computer Science, Business Science, or comparable programs. Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. students going into their final year of study preferred. Exact requirements for the field of study vary by assignment.
- Strong academic performance (a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher preferred)
- Self-motivated, with the ability to be agile and adaptable in a fast pace environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork, innovation, and initiative
- Strong digital skills with regards to data manipulation and management
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to quickly identify problems and create solutions
- Highly effective in communicating in written, verbal, and presentation form
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for learning and pursuing a career in the health care industry
- Skills-based experiences are required for some positions.
Must be immediately authorized to work in the U.S. without the employer’s sponsorship. Pfizer is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations, and ability to perform complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work environment may include work from home, office setting, manufacturing, and/or construction environments depending on the specific internship
*Last date to apply: November 8, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering